Sheera is one of the quickest and yummy sweet dishes of the Indian cuisine. It's aroma leaves everyone craving for more. Sooji ka halwa is also fed to infants as well, as it enriches their growing body and is easy to digest. It also is one of the most popular offerings to God in the form of prasadam.
While this dish has spawned many variants over the years, it is best enjoyed when cooked in Pure A2 Cow Ghee.Here is a simple and quick way to make this heavenly dish with Manorma Desi Cow Ghee.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 ¼ cup Milk
1-2 tbsp MANORMA Desi Cow Ghee
½ cup Sooji (Semolina)
½ cup White granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon Green Cardamom seeds(powdered)
2 tablespoons Almonds, Cashews, Raisins, chopped(optional)
* Add MANORMA Desi Cow Ghee and add Banana in it.Mash the banana,mix it thoroughly.Let the banana cook nicely with Ghee (about 3 minutes).
* Now Add Sooji (semolina ) in the pan
* Turn the heat on low-medium and roast the sooji by stirring constantly until it gets a slight brown color with the toasty aroma of sooji; it typically takes about 7-8 minutes.
* On the other side, take Milk in a saucepan, and heat it till it comes to a simmer.
* Add the warm milk slowly to the roasted suji. As milk is added to the sooji, it begins to absorb, gets very bubbly and splutters, so mix it immediately.
* Stir continuously until Milk is absorbed. This will be done very quickly (about 2 minutes).
* Add sugar and mix well.
* Keep mixing until it gets thick and starts to leave the sides of the pan. The ghee will start to ooze out.
* Turn off the stove and add cardamom powder, chopped cashews and almonds, and raisins, mix well.
* You can add some water if the halwa seems tighter.
This dish coupled with the benefits of MANORMA Desi Cow Ghee make it the perfect dish to consume at any time of the day. Sheera with pure desi ghee is an unbeatable combination. MANORMA Ghee,made by the traditional Bilona method from A2 cow ghee augments the sooji halwa manifold. To enjoy the real,rich Sheera,then MANORMA GHEE is your go-to-ingredient.