Gajar ka Halwa also known as Gajrela or Indian Carrot Pudding is an Indian-Punjabi dessert often made during the winter months and Diwali.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
Total Time:45 minutes
For Gajar ka Halwa
* 2 tbsp MANORMA Ghee (1 tbsp and 1 tbsp)
* 4 cups organic carrots peeled & shredded
* 1 1/2 cups organic whole milk
* 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
* 5 tbsp sugar
* 1/2 cup Cashews unsalted chopped
* 1 tbsp pistachios chopped
* Peel the carrots. Shred the carrots using the smaller side of the shredder. You can do it by hand or use a food processor.
* Heat a wok on medium heat, once hot, add 1 tbsp of MANORMA Ghee.
* Add the carrots and saute for about 8 minutes until the color of the carrots changes.
* Keep stirring to avoid burning. This is a labor of love.
* Add milk to the carrots. Cook the carrots and milk down for 6-7 minutes until all the milk is absorbed by the carrots.
* Keep stirring to avoid sticking and burning.
* Once all the milk is absorbed, this is what you should have.
* Add the sugar.
* Immediately after, add 1 more tbsp of MANORMA Ghee.
* Keep stirring. until all the water is absorbed which is left behind by the sugar. This process will take about 5-6 minutes.
* Once done, add cardamom powder. Stir.
* Add chopped cashews. You can also add almonds, pistachios, and raisins.
* Mix well.
* Dry roast the Gajar ka Halwa for a couple more minutes so the color of the carrots deepens slightly.
* Enjoy it to the fullest.PURE LOVE with MANORMA Ghee.
This Halwa is an excellent source of Vitamin A,over and above MANORMA Ghee makes it ever healthier.A heavenly combo of Gajar Halwa and Ghee.The veracious scent of MANORMA Ghee lingering out the window will probably give you the compliments you deserve.